1. When was United Online formed?
United Online was formed as a result of the merger between NetZero and Juno Online Services, which was completed on September 25, 2001. The common stock of United Online began trading on the Nasdaq National Market on September 26, 2001, under the symbol UNTD.
2. Has United Online ever issued a stock split?
On November 3, 2003 United Online's common stock split 3-for-2. Please click here to read the press release for additional details.
3. Can I receive email alert notifications of United Online press releases and SEC filings?
Please visit the "E-mail alert" section of our Web site and complete the subscription process.
4. Who is the transfer agent for United Online?
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43070
Providence, RI 02940-3070
5. What can I do if I lost my stock certificate, or if I have a name or address change?
Contact the company's transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company, as listed above and they will instruct you on how to proceed.
6. Does United Online have a dividend policy?
As of December 2010, United Online had paid a quarterly cash dividend to its shareholders for 23 consecutive quarters. The payment of future dividends is discretionary and will be subject to determination by the Board of Directors each quarter following its review of the company's financial performance and other factors.
7. Does United Online have a DRIP (dividend reinvestment plan)?
There are no current plans to offer a DRIP.
8. Does United Online have a direct stock purchase plan?
United Online does not offer shares of its stock through a direct stock purchase plan.
9. When does United Online's fiscal year end?
10. What happened to my shares of NetZero or Juno?
NetZero and Juno ceased to trade as separate public companies effective September 26, 2001. Shareholders of NetZero received 0.2000 shares of United Online for each share of NetZero, and shareholders of Juno received 0.3570 shares of United Online for each share of Juno.
If you held your shares through a broker, your shares of either NetZero or Juno were automatically converted into shares of United Online based on the aforementioned exchange ratios. If you have any questions regarding your brokerage account, please contact your broker directly.
If you held NetZero or Juno shares in your name (i.e. registered holder), you were mailed instructions on or about September 26, 2001 by our exchange agent regarding the exchange of your shares. Regardless of when you exchange your shares, anyone who held stock of NetZero or Juno on September 26, 2001 is now effectively holding shares of United Online based on the exchange ratios specified above.